- This event has passed.
Trauma Care Across the Continuum 2022
December 1 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$50.00
Healthcare professionals who care for acutely injured pediatric and adult patients from the pre-hospital field through the resuscitative and post-resuscitative phases of care, on through the rehabilitative phases of care.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The South Central Regional Trauma Advisory Council (SCRTAC) is one of seven Regional Trauma Advisory Councils (RTACs) in Wisconsin. The RTACs are an important part of the Wisconsin Trauma Care System and were created to “develop, implement, monitor, and improve the regional trauma system.” Education is key to improving trauma care for all populations. While there is an abundance of educational offerings for initial care of the acutely injured patient, there is a noticeable gap in the more global comprehensive care of the patient. This course is aimed at educating healthcare professionals on topics that cross all phases of care and impact patient safety and quality through multidisciplinary collaboration. If you are looking to better understand trauma care as a systematic approach, then Trauma Care Across the Continuum is for you!
At the end of this conference, the learner will:
- Evaluate the patient’s response to interventions performed in the early treatment of burn injuries.
- Understand the impact that all healthcare providers can have on trauma patients and their families.
- Differentiate between delirium, dementia, and alcohol withdrawal in the older trauma patient.
- Understand how trauma care providers can play a vital role in the recovery and rehabilitation of trauma victims and their families.
- Develop an understanding of their role in providing proper documentation and evidence preservation of the deceased trauma patient.
Thursday, December 1, 2022
American Family Campus
NHQ Conference Center – Auditorium A2110
6000 American Family Drive
Madison, WI 53783
The conference fee of $50 includes parking, continental breakfast, lunch, and
afternoon refreshments. Cancellation must be received in writing or by email
no later than November 24, 2022 in order to receive a refund. Substitutions
6.75 Contact hours will be awarded for this conference.
To ensure your comfort in the conference room, please bring a sweater or
jacket to accommodate temperature variations.
Detailed travel and parking instructions will be emailed to registrants prior to